What if my sewer backs up?

We are on duty seven days a week, 24 hours a day. If you have a backup, contact the Lake County Special Districts Administration at 707-263-0119 to report your problem. We will dispatch a maintenance crew to your address to find out if the stoppage is in the District's main or your private line (building sewer). If the sewer main is found to be clear, it is the responsibility of the property owner to call a licensed plumber or drain cleaning service to correct the problem. The property owner is responsible for maintaining adequate flow to and through the building sewer from the property structure to the property line cleanout. If the stoppage is in the District's main, we'll fix it as quickly as possible and keep you informed about what is being done.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do when I smell sewer odors/gases out in the street?
2. How do I report sewage overflowing from a sewer manhole out in the street?
3. What if my sewer backs up?
4. Who is responsible for cleanup as a result of a sewer backup?
5. How do I prevent a backup?